Oman Mathematics Day IV Celebrations
Math∫∈ t ∈ s-2018
“The Role of Mathematics in IT/Engineering/Business”
Date of the Event: 20 November 2018 Venue: Lecture Theatre
The purpose of the competition is to give awareness to our students of the importance and application of Mathematics in different disciplines and to encourage students to look beyond their textual knowledge and establish a relationship between theory and application of the learnt concepts in Mathematics.
These presentations will enable our students to think critically, analyse a problem by applying the knowledge to develop themselves, to make them professionally competent and to improve their aptitude skills.
Rules and Regulations:
1. All Foundation Programme and Post-Foundation Programme students can participate in the event.
2. There will be group presentations by students.
3. Each group consist of three students.
4. Time for each presentation will be five minutes.
5. Students can choose the role of Mathematics in any one of the disciplines IT/Engineering/Business.
6. The presentation should include the importance and application of Mathematics in the chosen field.
7. References of the material gathered should be included.
9. The best ten presentations will be selected to present on contest day.
10.The winners will be based on the total marks.
11.Decisions of Board of Judges will be deemed final and irrevocable.
12.Participation certificates along with prizes will be given to the first and second position holders and certificates will be given to third position holders.
Each presentation will be evaluated based on evaluation criteria by experts in the grade point range of 1 to 5.
Each presentation will be evaluated on the basis of:
· Passion and connectivity with the audience
· Concentration on the core message
· tools used
· Pictorial/graph representations
· Innovative critical work
For further details please contact:
Mr Wasim Raja
Member Student Services Committee
Ms Fatma Said Al Shamli
Coordinator: Student Services Committee
Dr R Pugalarasu
HOS - Mathematics