‘ROAD SAFETY’ AWARENESS
The Health and Safety committee of Business Studies Department conducted a program on Road safety for its students on Thursday i.e., on 29th January 2018, from 10 to 10:30 a.m. in Class Room No C003 and from 2 to 2:30 p.m. in Room number C004. The aim of the program was to enhance the knowledge and awareness of the students on Road safety.
Mr. Enthiyaz Khan, coordinator of Health and Safety Committee, gave a presentation to 56 students who were present in the program. The following points were discussed at length:
• The rate of road accidents in Oman
• Types of roads accidents in Oman
• Causes for road accidents
• Primary cause for road accidents
• Difference between 2WD and 4WD
• Types of traffic accidents and collisions
• Why speed kills?
• Who is a good driver and what should be on safety list?
The session was very interesting and interactive. It empowered the knowledge of audiences on Road safety and created awareness among them about the safety precautions to be taken while on road.